Due to increased demand and finite resources, The Thrift Shop of Aspen will only accept complete grant applications that are submitted by these deadlines.
PLEASE NOTE: NEW GRANT DEADLINES EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 2015
- April 15th 2015 (Grants/Presentations scheduled for June-September 2015)
- September 1st 2015 (Grants/Presentations scheduled for October-December 2015)
- December 1st 2015 (Grants/Presentations scheduled for January-April 2016)
- March 1st 2016 (Grants/Presentations scheduled for May-September 2016)
- September 1st 2016 (Grants/Presentations scheduled for October-December 2016)
- December 1st 2016 (Grants/Presentations scheduled for January-April 2017)
We do not make grants in August.
It is your responsibility to submit your application in sufficient time to match your organization’s programming and accounting needs. We will not remind you. If you miss a deadline you will be placed in the next granting cycle for possible consideration.
- Grant recipients should be locally based organizations that provide benefit to the local community, without the promotion of any particular political or religious ideology.
- Grants shall be awarded only to organizations that are currently tax-exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3).
- Grant recipient organizations must have been in existence for at least one (1) year.
- Grants may be awarded by an affirmative vote of the Board on a discretionary basis from time to time.
- Individual entities within a 501(c)(3) organization such as sports teams within schools, or affiliate subsidiaries or programs of a 501(c)(3) organization may make a grant request once a year.
- Grants shall not be awarded to individuals.
- Private educational facilities may be awarded grants to support their programs when the specific program benefits the community at large.
- Grants shall be evaluated and awarded at monthly meetings by a vote of the majority of the volunteers present.