Due to increased demand and finite resources, The Thrift Shop of Aspen will only accept complete grant applications that are submitted by these deadlines.
- April 15th 2015 (Presentations will be scheduled for June-September 2015)
- PLEASE NOTE: NEW GRANT DEADLINES EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 2015
- September 1st 2015 (Grants/Presentations scheduled for October-December)
December 1st 2015 (Grants/Presentations scheduled for January-April)
March 1st 2016 (Grants/Presentations scheduled for May-September)
- It is your responsibility to submit your application on time. We will not remind you. If you miss a deadline you will be placed in the next trimester for possible consideration.
- Grant recipients should be locally based organizations that provide benefit to the local community, without the promotion of any particular political or religious ideology.
- Grants shall be awarded only to organizations that are currently tax-exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3).
- Grant recipient organizations must have been in existence for at least one (1) year.
- Grants may be awarded by an affirmative vote of the Board on a discretionary basis from time to time.
- Individual entities within a 501(c)(3) organization such as sports teams within schools, or affiliate subsidiaries or programs of a 501(c)(3) organization may make a grant request once a year.
- Grants shall not be awarded to individuals.
- Private educational facilities may be awarded grants to support their programs when the specific program benefits the community at large.
- Grants shall be evaluated and awarded at monthly meetings by a vote of the majority of the volunteers present.